Hello third trimester!
I know I said I would post every two weeks but last week I was seriously in denial about my body. I want have this cute bump and right now he is sitting so low that my bump is not round or cute. So I gave myself the excuse that I should post after my ultrasound that was today hoping that my bump would get a little cuter in a week. Well, it didn't but oh well. Here it is!
Alright, what has happened in the last 3 weeks?
I got a bad cold (again) and had to suffer through it. My awesome husband forbid me to go to work one day and I think that actually is what helped me get over it.
I was put on medication for my colitis flare up. I have 4 days left and I think I'm back to normal, thank goodness!
My belly button is starting to flatten out
David got to feel some good kicks and watch baby boy dancing around in my tummy.
It became official news that we'll be in Salt Lake another year. See story here
It has started to become a little more uncomfortable to be awake. I would say find a good position to sleep, stand, or sit in but basically that encompasses everything.
I had an ultrasound today and it went great!
I have my glucose tolerance test tomorrow and my weigh in. I'm not too excited about these.
Baby boy's progress:
According to the ultrasound today our baby boy is officially in the clear when it comes to the ventricles in his brain. They have gone down to within normal range. They're still at the higher end of normal range but the doctor doesn't see it as a risk anymore. This was such good news to hear today!
He is measuring a week and a half ahead in size. Big shocker right? The doctor said he has a big head and long legs. Sound like anyone we know?? That is to be expected given us as parents.
He is getting super active. Luckily he is letting me fall asleep without his constant kicking at bed time but I am able to watch my belly do the wave every night around 8pm.
Our next step: get the baby's room ready! There is still so much to do and it is basically all hinging on getting the big bed out of the guest room and start making it into baby's room. David is still mostly in his walking boot so it may still be a couple weeks until we're able to clear it out. I'm still trying to find the best places to put everything that needs to fit so that its comfortable for us and baby boy. I would like to have everything ready for my birthday (April 18th) especially if he's measuring ahead. He could come at anytime at the end of April and be okay.
Thank you for all your prayers, we feel so blessed to have this little one and get such good news today!
2 comments:
Wonderful news! I think your tummy is adorable.
Eeeee!!! Good news indeed! Oh Britta, you are so cute!
I am so glad to hear that things are normal... and that your baby boy will follow in his parents long-legged footsteps. As I believe Allana said, he will be a boone to tall girls everywhere. ;)
You guys are in my thoughts and prayers! Love you!
Post a Comment