Thursday, April 19, 2012

37 weeks

Hey everyone!  Sorry for the super long delay!  I turned 37 weeks this week (along with turning 27 years old).  Full term!

Here is a lovely picture for you from Tuesday night.  I'm eating some apple sauce to try to help with the heartburn.


Baby boy rolls around like crazy, I love it!  I'll see his little bum sticking out up top and his knee sticking out on the side.  I'm pretty sure he's going to be a long one!

Yesterday (the 18th) was my 27th birthday along with my 37 week dr's appointment.  Great birthday present I guess.

I asked for a cervical check at the Dr's appointment because I felt like baby boy had dropped over the weekend.  He checked everything out and said I was correct.  Baby boy's head is engaged.  I'm also 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated.  Of course that could mean anything, so I'm going to try not to get my hopes up for a possible early appearance.  He'll come when he wants to.

For my birthday we had pizza and cake at work.  They know I won't be going back after the baby and they still haven't found a replacement!  My boss keeps telling me that he's in denial, I believe him.  I've made a binder of everything I do because I have a large feeling that whoever they hire will be here after I have the baby.  Its too bad that I won't be able to train them, but I've done all I can to help them with the transition.

After work we went to institute and then to the Dodo Restaurant in Sugarhouse.  I usually love that place but for some reason things tasted a little off for me.  Oh well.  David was super awesome and got me a 60 minute prenatal massage for my birthday.  He even scheduled it and talked to the masseuse about my ailments, I guess I haven't kept quiet about what aches.  Its scheduled for Tuesday so hopefully I last long enough to get it (I can always reschedule it for after).  I may ask her if she knows of pressure points to induce labor ;)  Don't worry, I'll be 38 weeks by then which is usually just fine for the baby's development.

I wish I could write more but I really need to lay down longer.  Happy Spring!

Crazy to think that my next post will probably be my labor story and we'll have fun pictures of our "little" boy!

3 comments:

Ashley S said...

Omigosh this is great, and the picture is fabulous ;)! The massage sounds heavenly-happy birthday indeed.

You and your growing family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Josh and Megan said...

WOOHOO!!!!! He's getting CLOSER to coming!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I'm so excited for you cousin! I can't wait to hear the birth story and to see what his cute little face will look like! love you dear!

Ashleigh said...

Britta! What an exciting time! I look forward to the next post! Best wishes on an easy birth! :-) Miss you guys.