Here are some updates on
SLEEP
He still is a horrible sleeper. Most nights weren't too bad though. He would wake up 2-3 times at night, eat for about 10 minutes, then fall back asleep until the next time so I really wouldn't be awake for long.
The last week or so he has gotten even worse. I've heard this might be the "4 month wakeful" period. The last 3 nights he's woken up 5-6 times and won't fall back asleep as easily.
I feel like I've tried everything, 5 S's, putting him down somewhat awake, no swaddle, 1 arm swaddle, double swaddle. No luck.
I'm not a big fan of rice cereal. In my opinion, its just a filler and is unnecessary. That's just my opinion so if you love it please don't get offended. I'd rather get less sleep and give him more of my breastmilk. I only bring this up because we won't be using it so if you're going to try to give us suggestions you know this one is a no-go.
Also he is not a very good napper, he won't sleep for more than 30 minutes or so if I'm not there next to him to pat his belly back to sleep or bounce him back to sleep. So also I don't 'sleep while baby sleeps' because unless I fall asleep on my own it takes me about 20 minutes to fall asleep and a 10 minute nap isn't very productive. Every time I hear this suggestion I just have to laugh quietly inside because it doesn't work.
PLAY
He's starting to get tired of his play gym. Its sad because that would usually buy me about 20 minutes to get some work done.
The exersaucer is still not one of his favorites but sometimes he will enjoy it for about 10-15 minutes
The johnny jumper is his favorite. We have to watch him closely in it though because he has run into the doorway a few times with his head. When he doesn't have mishaps like that he can stay in there for 30+ minutes just wandering and looking around
We actually had to get him a new one because that one was from kid to kid and the band that it hangs from snapped while he was in it and he fell down. Tough guy just looked up at us and didn't know what to do. He was just fine.
Floor time: he loves playing on his back with his toys. He is getting a lot more coordinated with his arms to where he can reach straight for the toy instead of having to swing his arm around and eventually reach the toy. He is still a whiz kid at rolling onto his belly. It takes him a little bit longer to start fussing once he gets there but we keep him on his belly for about 5 minutes at a time more or less depending on his disposition. I really want him to be able to figure out how to roll onto his back again from his belly. He hasn't done it since week 6. Although I kind of don't want him to know back to belly and belly to back because that means he'll soon be rolling all over the place which means some baby proofing would be in order and I'm not ready for that.
He loves it when I take him out on the lawn and let him play outside. Its so fun for him and it gets us both some fresh air.
EATING
He still has his nursing sessions where he fights me but those are becoming fewer. Now we're dealing with boredom and distractions. Luckily he eats so much faster now so he's done in about 10 minutes and he's good to go for about 3 hours.
Last night we were at the park with some friends who have a 6 mo old. They gave her a piece of carrot stalk to suck/chew on and she made the most adorable disgusted face. David and I were so curious what Daniel would do. We asked them when they started giving her the stalks and they said 4 months so we figure we would try it out with Daniel. He took it like a champ. He didn't chew on it but it was his favorite thing to suck on for the rest of that night. It was fun to watch him try to stick it in his mouth. I think he'll be more than ready for solids in 2 months.
GROWING
I had to go through all this clothes the other day and retire everything 0-3 and 3-6m. There was this one outfit I was so excited for him to wear when he got it but I forgot to filter it through and once I found it at the bottom of the drawer it was too late. He was too long, broad, and chubby for it. I was sad for a second but happy that he's growing so well.
I need to go through his socks now and figure out what still fits because his feet are so big too.
My arms get tired with him after carrying him around for a little while. He's quite the solid boy, I love it!
David is having such a fun time with him now that he is stronger. They're so cute together. Daniel doesn't really laugh for me but once daddy gets home he's all giggles. I think he knows that mom is business and dad is play. I'm just not as exciting as daddy I guess.
MISC
He's figuring out how to blow raspberries
He has some very manly farts
He still has cradle cap but its not as much
He's almost grown out of his infant car seat
We had to retire the swing because he got too big
According to David he already has great form holding a basketball. Right, like we can tell already.
He's just so cute!
And photos for fun:
| We finally got one of him in his blessing outfit, not a day too soon before he couldn't fit in it |
| Fist bump |
![]() |
| Look how big I am! |
| And happy |
![]() |
| And tired |
![]() |
| And talkative |
| No really, I love to talk |



2 comments:
Cute! I love all faces and the blessing outfit, too! So sad he's grown too fast to wear some outfits.
So fun, thanks for the update! Bummer about the sleep! This was about the time that I was fed up with no sleep, so I feel for you. I really liked the book 'healthly sleep habits happy child' which you may have already read, but I think it helped us He's so cute, such a fun age!
Post a Comment