I said I hope month 2 was better right? I think each month will be better than the last... or at least I hope so. I find myself saying "I can't wait for next month when he can____________". Right now I'm trying my best to enjoy this month and this day while I am given them.
Let me get my negatives out of the way so I can end on a happy note:
I hate my body right now. I am SO self conscious. I saw a photo of myself yesterday from the day before and my first thought was "I look like a house". I really shouldn't be thinking that way especially since David is trying so hard to make sure I stay confident like he's used to. I am trying to come up with a game plan of how I can get to the gym more often so I can feel like myself again, even if I never fit into my jeans again. I was doing so well going on walks everyday and working this body then it got ghastly hot so I stopped.
I still struggle with the crying. I have had to hand him over to someone or put him down somewhere and walk away a few times to clear my head and my emotions. Sometimes that means I cry a little, most of the time it means a drink of water, some deep breaths, maybe even some walking around the apartment.
Poor little guy had to get a shot today, he was so tough. I now hate that nurse though. Oh and by the way... he's not so little. At 2 months he is 26 inches and 14 lbs. Go big baby!
He's too big to fit in his newborn napper so that is one less place for me to put him where he was always really good at sleeping.
I am not doing a good job at being a happy home maker. I don't think I've cooked dinner in 2 weeks. Anyone want to come over and inspire me?
He doesn't nap well during the day which means mama doesn't get a nap either. Yay me!
He hates getting out of the bath which means the whole time we're getting him ready for bed/nursing he is screaming. Through the lotion, the diaper, the clothing, and the swaddling up until he gets on the boob. Thank goodness we don't bathe him everyday.
Okay, that's enough of the negatives. Here are the lovely things that make my days:
His smiles! Oh man his smiles can turn me from a monster mom to an angel in an instant. Want to see one?
![]() |
| You can't not say "awww" |
![]() |
| First night in the crib. He looks so small! |
He has developed what we call the "fake cry". Its one of those very light cries that sounds so pitiful sometimes you can't help but laugh. Luckily he is doing more of these cries than the all out screaming. I'll take it!
His talking, he has got the cutest voice and squeals! Here are a couple videos. You may have seen one on my facebook already, but the other is great too. His reaction to David's snort is the best!
His legs are starting to get chubby.
The nipple shield is almost no longer used in this house. Thank heavens!!
If there is a mirror and he finds himself he will start cooing.
And here is a picture showing the difference in growth from last month:
Slowly but surely I'm starting to feel myself again and get the hang of this mommy stuff.
Can't wait to see the development he goes through this month!



6 comments:
Britta, thank you so much for this update on little man. He's wonderful! I read back to the previous post and trust me, it's hard as you said, and you are being honest..which is hard to do. It gets better and by the end of month three, you'll be looking back and wondering how in the world you did it and where did the time go? By 6 months, you'll think someone switched him out for this little bundle of giggles and a much easier baby. Newborn stage is tough for sure, but you can do this. You know how I know? I know YOU and you ARE doing it. A little longer and it will ease up, I promise-promise you and a double promise is for real. :) LOVE YOU.
I love the crib & bedding. It's so cute!! Let's get together really soon!!!!
You can do it! You can do it! You can do it! I'm sending you a you can do it email!
You ARE doing it. You are living it, and sometimes that is the hardest. There is No release from being his Mommy. I remember thinking that - "All those who can show a sign of appreciation, raise your hand" Oh well, I wasn't released. The body thing - It took a while to put it on, and it is not be photo shopped off. I told the same thing to Mindy. You are an athlete and it will come off. Don't get rid of the jeans - you will get back into them. Love ya,Mom
I love the videos britta! Those are what will make this WHOLE thing we called parenthood worth it. Someday (i know that sounds very FAR away) you'll look back and watch these videos and just fall in love with those moments all over again. You are DOING A GREAT JOB!!! Just keep swimming! If it helps, watch FINDING NEMO like 5x a day. That disney movie makes me happy, plus...mason is in love with that movie, that's why it's shown in my house ALL the TIME!
I'm glad you are doing a little better. I've been thinking about you. Little man is so cute! I love the crib bedding. He looks so sweet and little in there! If you ever need a listening ear, please, PLEASE call me! Love you, twin!
Post a Comment